Cute Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Desire vs. Action

This week I have really felt the need/desire to create something!  I finished Lexi's quilt, and I am dying to get to the next project....time is the biggest hurdle I face!  I have been thinking about a talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints www.lds.org.

He was talking about our innate desire to create in October 2008, from his remarks:

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."  ( Full Address here)

I've been thinking about that a lot this week as my desire to get in my quilting room conflicts with the necessary things I've got on my "To Do" list.   The great thing about quilting it that I can think of what I plan to create before the actual process begins...that keeps me inspired and gives me a vision of possibilities!  I can't wait to turn them into reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment